MDDC’s Reese Cleghorn Internship Program provides college students paid, intensive experience in our member publications’ newsrooms. Students enhance their education and develop strong reporting skills in real world settings.
Invest in young people and the future of journalism by investing in the Reese Cleghorn Internship program.
Internships nurture developing journalists in reporting, web, and video skills. Member papers look to past interns when hiring.
Contact Rebecca Snyder to learn more.
Sponsors will be listed on all internship and promotional materials, including:
- Articles in MDDC’s Weekly Planner, electronically distributed directly to 1,200 media professionals
- Email blasts to college and universities to solicit internship applicants
- Notices to member publication editors about intern placements
Reese Cleghorn Internship Sponsorship Levels
Premier Sponsor: $10,000 (one sponsor)
All the benefits of supporting Sponsors as well as:
- Opportunity for sponsor leader to speak at MDDC’s Annual Conference in May and network with event attendees. This showcase event draws our interns, editors and newspaper professionals matched with those interns and the wider membership of the Association.
- Four tickets to annual conference
Supporting Sponsors: $5,000
- Company logo on all internship and promotional materials in print and online.
- Full-page print thank you advertisement in selected MDDC member newspapers (one insertion), covering the Maryland, Delaware and DC region. Total readership reach is over 4.2 million in the region. Ad will run in major metro dailies like The Washington Post (DC), The Baltimore Sun and the Sun Community Papers (MD), and the News Journal (DE) as well as smaller dailies, weeklies and community and niche publications. The value of one full-page print advertisement is over $200K.