Delaware Public Media is looking for a Reporter & Youth Media Producer to join our award-winning team providing statewide coverage of the First State as we enter our second decade as Delaware’s source for NPR News. We’re looking for a motivated and creative person to produce daily news stories and features for our nationally recognized weekly news magazine, while assisting our Youth Media coordinator working with high school students learning journalism at our partner high schools. This reporter will be based in Northern Delaware and covering stories in and around the state’s largest city, Wilmington.
- Research, write, produce and/or edit stories for all day parts and weekend, as well as web.
- Work with high school students to produce multi-platform stories.
- Conduct live and taped interviews
- Occasionally produce and anchor newscasts
- Operate studio audio board during newscasts and other programming.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience to BA degree major in journalism, mass communications or other related field.
- Minimum 2 years on-air experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a professional newsroom.
- Background in long form public radio reporting preferred, but not required.
Candidates will be required to undergo a complete background check by Delaware State Police, as required by the Brandywine School District to work with students.
Send cover letter detailing your relevant professional experience, resume and work samples to email@example.com.
Delaware Public Media is an equal opportunity employer; members of minority groups, veterans, disabled individuals and women are encouraged to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.