Stand for a strong news media
Become a member of MDDC. We help our members succeed through advocacy, networking and information sharing, revenue generation and professional development. See our Member Benefit Guide for more details.
Active members are news media organizations, either print, online-only or broadcast. Please see our full list of members.
Apply for active membership. All members are approved by the Board of Directors.
Active membership is open to news organizations based in and focused on Maryland, Delaware or the District of Columbia. Organizations must have a fixed name, date line, office of publication and have been published for a period of at least one year. Organization must use recognized standards of professional journalism and be principally devoted to the dissemination of local or general news with at least 50 percent of all editorial (non-ad) content reported and original.
Membership is open to print, online, tv and radio organizations.
Affiliate members can be individuals or corporations who support the news media. Affiliate members have:
- Visibility to news media organizations
- Free listing in member directory
- Ability to share news and information and publicize events in the Weekly Planner (distributed to 1,800+ subscribers).
- Opportunity to sponsor one Weekly Planner (listed in subject line and promotional ad) at no additional cost.
- Access to industry professionals at member-only events and updates.
Apply for affiliate membership. All members are approved by the Board of Directors.
Freelance members are individuals who use recognized standards of professional journalism and have been recommended by MDDC members. Freelance members have:
- Visibility to news media organizations through our online Freelance Directory
- Ability to receive press credentials through MDDC
- Invitations to member only events and networking
- Access to pro-bono legal hotline
- Freelance members may serve on committees
Apply for freelance membership. All members in this category must be recommended by a MDDC organizational member in good standing.
Not sure if you’re eligible to become a member of MDDC? Contact Rebecca Snyder.